The Opossum-Palooza

It's okay. We don't know what the name means either.

7.18.2006

Welcome, My Lithuanian Brother

Let me be clear here, I use “brother” in only the broadest sense of the word. I don’t have a drop of Lithuanian blood in my veins. But, I do have a soft spot for young Lithuanian men – remember my in-depth thoughts on Dainius Zubrus (I’d hit it). Additionally, Songaila is a fellow alumnus of Wake Forest University in lovely Winston-Salem, NC (actually I’m an alumna - thanks for that catch, CC - and he is an alumnus, but I fear that distinction is lost on most folks). While the numbers of Wake alum continue to grow in the NBA, I’m always happy to have a fellow Demon Deacon here in DC.

I also freely admit that the NBA isn’t even in my top 4 sports - Christ, even soccer comes in higher – but I am pretty excited about this trade for more than prurient reasons. Songaila adds some strength to the frontcourt. He isn’t afraid to take it inside and also has a pretty sweet mid-range jumper which makes him more verstaile and valuable than most of the Wizards' other big guys. Welcome to DC, Darius. We’re glad to have you.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Captain Caveman said...

Actually, Siobhan, you're an alumna. Alumnae is if you're more than one woman.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger BoSox Siobhan said...

Touché, Cap'n. I stand corrected and so does my blog. I am, needless to say, embarrassed, but also giddy that you deign to read and post at the O-P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home