The Opossum-Palooza

It's okay. We don't know what the name means either.

12.21.2006

Wake Forest Football - Believe It, Bitches


Two posts in a row with profanity in the title. I'm pretty sure I can keep this up all the time. Maybe that'll be my 2007 Resolution: I hereby resolve to swear in the title of every O-P post...to make up for the fact that I can't swear in the fanhouse.
I just wanted really quickly to drag myself out of the Vince Young slurp-a-thon and give some love to the Wake Forest football team.
They're playing Louisville in the Orange Bowl on January 3rd, and even though they're 10-point underdogs right now, I'm still picking them to win (or at least cover). This is partially because the bourbon-flavored kool-aid from the Deacs may be a different color (black - spooky) than the Titans' brew, but has the same effect - unrepentant homerism. It's also because this is it for me and my Deacs and post-season play.
It's a truly topsy-turvy world -- the football team is playing respectably in post-season and the basketball team gets beat by the Air Force Academy.
Finally, Jim Grobe, Wake's football coach, won Coach of the Year, beating out Rutgers' Greg Schiano. I'm so goddamn proud of the Deacs.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you maybe run some spell check? Believe it.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger BoSox Siobhan said...

Oops, my bad. Thanks, anon.
Maybe next tine you can leave your name so I can thank you properly.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Deacon fans, are you interesetd in covering WF football or basketball for a sports website? Check out isportsweb and click on join isportsweb and drop us an email. We are looking for talented, passionate writers to cover their favorite temas for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home