The Opossum-Palooza

It's okay. We don't know what the name means either.

9.24.2006

Mr. Happy Face


I'm not going to lie, when the Texans scored on their first drive, I got worried. Really worried. But my fears were completely unfounded, as I should have known they would be. See, here's the thing: Last night (and I swear I am not making this up), in a dream, I was visited by the ghost of Southeast Jerome. I don't remember what he said or did, or if he was even a real part of the dream or just a passing image. Regardless, it was clearly an omen, and from now on, I will learn to trust my psychic dreams.

In all seriousness though, I know the Redskins were playing the Texans, and that was a large part of their success today. But take a look at the numbers for the three offenses that have played against Houston this year. In Week One, the Eagles offense had 441 yards (311 passing, 130 on the ground) for 24 points. The next week, the Colts lit up the scoreboard to the tune of 43 points on 515 yards of offense (390 through the air, 125 on the ground). By comparison, the Redskins today had 495 yards offense, just twenty fewer than the highly regarded Colts' offense. The 261 passing yards Brunell put up weren't particularly impressive compared to Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb, but the Skins' 234 rushing yards were almost as many as the Colts and Eagles combined. All in spite of a staggering 126 penalty yards.

How much do these numbers mean? Probably not much. Unless, of course, the Redskins can cut down on the penalties. Either way, the point is that if you have Clinton Portis on your fantasy team, be sure to check back here regularly, and I'll keep you posted on my Southeast Jerome-related dreamings.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home