The Opossum-Palooza

It's okay. We don't know what the name means either.

7.05.2006

A World Without Sports

I really enjoyed this piece over at Forward Progress. I can relate to numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 11, 14.

And I can also especially relate to this:
Will I someday care about how my lawn looks instead of how Mark Prior managed to on the DL for an infinite number of days? I would like to speculate that my new conception of a sports fan would be able to endure the pressures that inevitably come as life progresses but perhaps I am just fooling myself. Perhaps it starts with one missed season because of work/family issues and one begins to realize that sports goes on without you – a thought that is entirely alien to most hardcore fans.

This always scares me, especially as I start missing more sporting events in favor of "having a life" or "having an acting career".

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the support Biff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home