The Opossum-Palooza

It's okay. We don't know what the name means either.

7.03.2006

If I Can Make It There, I'll Make It Onto the All-Star Game Roster

As part of my ongoing effort to make this site less hockey-centric, I've decided to posit my opinion of the MLB All-Star game, for which the rosters were announced tonight.

Here it is: The All-Star Game rosters, especially the starting lineups, are a bigger joke than (Pick One (1): Mike Cooper, Carl Monday, Isaiah Thomas, this guy)

By my count, six out of the sixteen starting position players (that's 37.5% for you statheads) play for a team in New York (that's 6.67% of the league's teams for you statheads). Add to that the fact that there are three more from Boston and more than half of the starting rosters come from three teams. I know I'm not the only one bothered by this, and there are a myriad of other reasons to bitch about the Midsummer Classic, but I'm too lazy to do so. I just wanted an excuse to use my snappy headline and include a silly picture.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home