The Opossum-Palooza

It's okay. We don't know what the name means either.

8.24.2006

Why I've Decided I Like the Titans - Historical Perspective



I was going to spend an inordinate amount of time (a la Bill Simmons and the Premier League) to finding a new NFL team to replace my tepid affair with the Patriots. Then I started doing a little research and decided (with the help of a good, NFL-loving friend) that the Tennessee Titans are the team for me.

First off, the stadium is located a mere 82 miles from my birthplace, which is close enough in that part of the world to be considered a hometown team. If I were, you know, still in KY. And the team had been in Nash Vegas and not Houston when I was a small-fry. I'm old. Then there's the matter of the Houston Oilers. I loved Warren Moon when I was a little girl, bereft of my own NFL team. And nothing tops the hideosity of the Houston Oilers, #1 Song.

And I would be terribly remiss if I didn't mention that the flashy Titans logo at the top of this post is from the light show at an Oak Ridge Boys' concert to celebrate the opening of Adelphia Stadium - the home of the Titans.

The mind boggles.

Finally, as I research more, I'm sure that I'll find a legitimate, football-based reason to cheer for these Titans. In the interim, if you can give me any substantive information on the Titans, nee Oilers, I'd be forever grateful. I don't want to seem like a dumb broad at the bar when all the cool kids are talking about football.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger PUNTE said...

I know nothing about football. GL w/your new team.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger MoonshineMike said...

It's better than the Patriots. Or the Cowboys. Or most anyone else.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger BoSox Siobhan said...

You guys aren't helping at sll. Shit.
I'm gonna have to resort to wearing low-cut tops and wowing the cool guys with my tits instead of my copious football knowledge.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Captain Caveman said...

wowing the cool guys with my tits instead of my copious football knowledge.

Sometimes you gotta stay in your wheelhouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home